Cornwall Armoury - 1940

The newly built Cornwall Armoury is shown in the bottom left with Marlborough Street on the left and McConnell Avenue on the right.

 

To the North of the Armoury is the 35 acre basic training camp opened in 1940  and in the next four years trained an estimated 15,000 soldiers.

 

Picture Source: Newletter, December 2009, Cornwall Township Historical Society

The Glens' Association

Cornwall Armoury

505 Fourth Street East

Cornwall, ON Canada

K6H 2J7 

info_glensassociation@bell.net

www.glensassociation.ca

 

Tel: 613 936-9124